Because of the care for all the tails to find a home through onads.net we have changed the terms and conditions of use so that their marketing is carried out in the safest and most ethical conditions.
In shaping the new rules, we took into account two things: what the legislation in force * says and what the representatives of the NGOs ** in the field advise.
The discussions over the last few months have resulted in the following set of beneficial actions:
- In order to discourage irresponsible breeding and eventual abandonment of chicks, we decided to ban the mountain ads altogether.
- For the sake of animal health, we have added information regarding the obligation to submit the documents provided by law in this regard (health book, pedigree certificate/typicality certificate) and we have begun actions to verify ads that do not comply with this rule.
- We have limited the number of free ads to 1 ad every 30 days, to encourage only responsible marketing.
- We support adoptions by offering free promotion packages to NGOs and people who consistently deal with abandoned animals.
- In accordance with the legislation, we have prohibited the marketing of dogs from pitbull, boerbull, bandog, and breed dogs.
- We strictly moderate the platform and remove any ad that does not comply with the terms and conditions mentioned.
We are the first to do this and we encourage all platforms in the field to do the same. In the long term, we want to build with the NGOs the largest online adoption network in UK.